This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Three Gables
Three Gables is in the center of a small rural village yet tucked away at the end of a private drive with plenty of room for parking. It is the perfect base for friends and families wishing to spend quality time together and enjoy a relaxing break at any time of the year Patio doors and large windows give a light and airy feel to the house while good insulation and central heating make Three Gables warm and cozy in the colder months and solar panels provide the hot water in the warmer months. There are 3 bed rooms upstairs a ground floor en suite double bed room and a twin room. There is a shop 2 minutes’ walk away (open March -Nov). Shalfleet village shop and post office 1.5miles and a pub 1 mile. We are on a regular bus route. There are easy drives to local towns for shopping and the many tourist attractions around the island. The county town of Newport is only 6 miles away and historic Yarmouth is 3 miles away, The nearest beach is also 3 miles.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07792603565 or email email@example.com.
• There is a bus service (the no. 7) that stops near the end of the drive from Yarmouth ferry or Newport.
• All the Island ferry terminals are within a 25 minute drive. The nearest ferry link is the Wightlink, Lymington to Yarmouth ferry . Wightlink also operate a service between Portsmouth and Fishbourne. Red Funnel ferries operate from Southampton to Cowes. Hovertravel and FastCat operate a foot passenger service to Ryde.
• Taxis are available from the ferry terminals
• The drive way to the house is uneven and gravelled
• Small camp shop (open March -Nov) 2min walk
• Shalfleet 1.5 miles,has a pub and village shop
• Yarmouth (3 miles) has a variety of small shops, good restaurants and pubs. There is also the lifeboat, a castle, a pier and a post office.
• Freshwater is approximately 5 miles away and has a small selection of shops including a supermarket and butcher.
• Newport, the county capital, is approximately 6 miles away with chain stores, boutique shops and supermarkets.
• Nearest beach 3 miles..
• Tescos Waitrose and Sainsburys deliver, please advise us of time of delivery and we will unpack your chilled and frozen food into the fridge/freezer for you
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
• You will be met on arrival and shown around the house or the keys will be left in a key safe located inside the front porch
• Parking is available for 4 cars at the rear of the property with a small incline to the back door. The parking area is graveled and there are concrete paths to the front and back doors.
• You can park outside of the front door to unload as well with a level path to the front door.
• The outside parking area can be lit at night by outside lights
Entrance to Property
• The front door porch entrance has a level concrete path from the driveway the door is 760mm wide with a step 150 high into the porch.
• Tiled floor with a step 170mm into the house via a door 710mm wide
• There is an outside light and an inner porch light
• The back door from the parking area is via a concrete hardstanding which has a slight incline Step 130mm high x 480mm wide to door 760mm wide
• 100mm step into utility room. laminate flooring
• 50mm threshold into the kitchen/ dinner, wooden flooring.
• There is an outside light to the parking area and a light in the utility room.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
• From the front door the entrance hall, stairs and landings are well lit, the floor coverings are carpeted. The ground floor passageway is 1.2m wide, the 1st floor passageway is 840mm wide, the staircase is 830mm wide the handrail is 800mm high
• There are 12 stairs with a half landing to the 1st floor ,
• The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the hallway.
• The door opening to the lounge is 760mm
• The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and arm chairs with non-feather cushions as well as some high chairs with arms, together with a low coffee table.
• Furniture can be moved.
• There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and a smart DVD player, radio cd player with ipod dock.
• Lighting is natural daylight with overhead lighting and wall lights as well as a standard lamp.
• The flooring is varnished wooden flooring with a short pile rug
• French doors lead to the veranda with outside table and chairs
• The dining area is part of the kitchen, level entry from the lounge, utility room and ground floor passage way, all doors into the kitchen / dining room are 760mm wide
• There is a dining table ( movable) which has legs on all corners 750mm wide x 2400mm wide 780mm high, 640mm to under space.
• 10 chairs (all movable) there are 2 further 3 legged stools, a high chair is available on request.
• Lighting is natural daylight with over head lights.
• The kitchen/dining room is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the hallway and lounge
• The door openings to the kitchen/dining room are 760mm wide.
• The cooker is an electric rangemaster
• The hob is 930mm/36.6ins above the floor. grill and oven below hob.
• Worktop and sink are 930mm/36.6ins above the floor.
• Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 1500mm and lowest drawer in freezer 350mm.
• There is a dishwasher, micro wave, electric kettle and electric toaster
• Glasses, crockery, cutlery for 10 and ample cooking utensils.
• The flooring is varnished wooden flooring with a short pile rug near dining area
• Lighting is natural daylight with over head lights.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
• Ground floor
En suite bedroom, door 760mm wide, double bed, bedside cupboards, side lamps, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe, radio alarm clock, 2 chairs floor covering carpet, door 685mm wide to en suite shower and toilet, basin, floor covering safety non slip.
• Bedroom 5, door 760mm wide, 2 full size single beds, 2 chest of drawers each side of the beds,side lights, radio alarm clock. wardrobe with drawers. floor covering carpet.
• 1st floor
• Master bedroom, door 760mm wide, zip and link bed, can be super kingsize or 2 single beds, wooden childs cot. chest of drawers each side of bed, side lamps, radio alarm clock with ipod dock, book case, built in wardrobe, cupboard to hot water tank(locked), boost control to immersion heater, 2 chairs, floor covering carpet, door 685mm wide to en suite, bath with shower over, basin and toilet, floor covering safety non slip.
• Bedroom 3 (south bedroom) door 760mm wide, double bed, 2 bedside cupboards, chest of drawers, built in wardrobe, 1 chair, 1 stool,side lights radio alarm clock, floor covering carpet.
• Bedroom 4 ( west bedroom) door 760mm wide, 2 twin beds, 2 bedside cupboards, side lamps, radio alarm clock, built in ward robe 2 chairs, floor covering carpet.
• The furniture in all rooms can easily be rearranged and moved.
• Lighting to all bedrooms is natural daylight with over head lights.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
• There is a whole house thermostatic mixer valve with maximum temperature to 48c to all hot water outlets.
• Ground floor
• Family bathroom, door 685mm wide, bath,1700mm x700mm with shower over, shower curtain, basin 800mm high and toilet 400mm high. flooring safety non slip, natural lighting, overhead lights and florescent shaver socket
• Downstairs en suite, door 685mm wide, shower cubicle 760mm x 900mm, step up 50mm, a small grab rail, toilet 400mm high, basin 800mm high, natural lighting, overhead lights and florescent shaver socket, floor covering, safety non slip.
• 1st floor
• en suite master bedroom, door 685mm wide, bath 1500mmx700mm with shower over, basin 800mm high and toilet 400mm high ,natural lighting, overhead lights and florescent shaver socket, floor covering, safety non slip.
• Shower room,(upstairs),door 685mm wide, shower cubicle 1100mm x 750mm, step up 50mm, toilet 400mm high, basin 800mm high, natural lighting, overhead lights and florescent shaver socket, floor covering, safety non slip.
• The utility room is accessed via the kitchen and the back door.
• The door opening is 710mm wide. Step 50mm high to kitchen
• There is a standard size washing machine 7kg front loading.
• There are folding clothes dryers
• Iron and ironing board
• vacuum cleaner is stored here, as are outdoor games
• The room is lit by a single ceiling light.switch to outside lights
• Flooring is laminate flooring
• French doors in the lounge lead onto the decked veranda a small threshold 50mm high, decked veranda has a table and 4 chairs, additional seating for 6, an outside light and electric socket.
• 3 steps down to the paved terrace with 4 sun-loungers and numerous flowering pots, 1 step down to grass and either 3 steps down to a lower garden or via a grassy slope, barbeque, table and seating for 8, parasol, 2 sun loungers, 3 paved steps or via a grass slope lead to a lower garden.
• There are shrubs and flower boarders, solar lights and a fence all around the garden to ensure safety for young children and pets.
• Alternative access to the garden is via the side gate, no steps but a steady slight incline gets you to the barbeque and seating area.
• The mobile phone reception can be poor.
• Free wifi throughout the house and in parts of the garden
• The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is 6 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 4.5 mile away. Dentist 3 miles, Vets 6 miles. Further information is in the welcome folder.
Three Gables Main Road, Newbridge, Yarmouth Isle of Wight, P041 0TU
Local Public Transport:
Southern Vectis no 7 bus